Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com was the first to report, the San Francisco Giants avoided arbitration with reliever Sergio Romo, agreeing to a two-year deal worth $9 million Wednesday.
In five seasons with the Giants, the 29-year-old has compiled a 20-9 record producing a 2.20 ERA in 276 games. Romo has allowed 158 hits, 57 earned runs, 17 homers, 277 strikeouts, 48 walks, 17 saves and held opponents to a .189 batting average in 233.1 innings. Romo is eligible to become a free agent after the 2014 season.
With Spring Training right around the corner, the Giants have reached agreements with all six arbitration-eligible players.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- San Francisco Giants Avoid Salary Arbitration with Joaquin Arias
- San Francisco Giants Avoid Arbitration with Two More Players
- San Francisco Giants Avoid Arbitration with Jose Mijares
- San Francisco Giants Reliever Sergio Romo Cited at Las Vegas Airport
- San Francisco Giants Pitcher Sergio Romo Will not Be Charged
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ppk